- JointRep™ is an injectable bioadhesive hydrogel that rapidly solidifies when heated to body temperature. It is applied directly onto cartilage lesions and sticks firmly.
- JointRep™ is administered in a one-step procedure as part of a standard bone marrow stimulation procedure (microfracture), adding only a few minutes to the operation.
- The operation can be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.
- JointRep™ provides a scaffold for stem cells released from bone marrow stimulation and protects the resulting clot during the healing phase.
- JointRep™ is currently not approved for sale in the United States.
JointRep™ - Injectable Implant
JointRepTM is prepared in a few moments in the surgical theater
Demo: Mixing JointRep components
Arthroscopic JointRep™ operation with microfracture
With Dr. Gennaro Pipino, Italy
View from the operation room
Dr. Gennaro Pipino (Bologna, Italy) reports reductions of WOMAC scores of over 90% in a controlled post-market study comparing microfracture + JointRepTM to microfracture alone. The study includes 69 patients from ages 18-72 suffering grade III-IV lesions, with 46 patients in the test group and 23 in the control group, both following the same moderate rehab protocol.