- JointRep™ is a thermosensitive bioadhesive hydrogel that rapidly solidifies when heated to body temperature. It is applied directly onto cartilage lesions and sticks firmly.
- JointRep™ is administered in a one-step procedure as part of a standard arthroscopy, adding only a few minutes to the operation.
- The operation is performed under local anesthesia and the patient is released the same day and allowed total load ambulation with contralateral crutch after 90 minutes.
- When applied following a microfracture procedure, it provides a scaffold for stem cells released from the bone marrow. It protects the clot during the healing phase and enables a shortened rehabilitation period.
- JointRep™ can be applied to cartilage lesions of any size or shape in any joint.
JointRep™ - Injectable Implant
JointRepTM is prepared in a few minutes in the surgical theater
JointRepTM rapidly forms a solid hydrogel
- No technical hurdles: JointRep™ should be stored between 2 and 8°C, but can be transported at ambient temperature.
- Can be used without planning: preparation time takes only a few minutes, enabling the physician to use it ad-hoc if defects are noticed in the course of a routine arthroscopic inspection or treatment; a study of over 30,000 arthroscopies in the United States has revealed an average of 2.7 defects in 63% of patients.
- JointRep™ is currently not licenced for sale in the USA and Canada.
JointRepTM applied following standard lavage/debridement
JointRepTM applied following microfracture